Friday, July 5, 2013

Sunday at The Bernice Garden Farmer's Market

I know I post quite a bit about Sunday and the farmers market but I can't help but include last Sunday.  The weather was amazing for June 30th!  It really was just so nice to be outside with a breeze and cool weather after the 100 degree day we had a few days earlier.  And you could feel everyone's excitement and enjoyment as well.  One reason for my excitement was that I had gotten a new camera and even though I had used it already I was anxious to shoot with it at the market and capture all the food shots that I love. 

Liz and Ryan with Bussey-Scott Urban Garden were back from Alaska and had more flowers and produce than ever.  Their booth looked fantastic!






 
And Barnhill Orchard had great stuff too!  Their blueberries and plums made my mouth water.  And of course I came home with some of their zinnias.




I enjoy the booth for the Central Arkansas New Agrarian Society.  Great conversation, pretty flowers and produce, and the baby duck are nice additions to my Sunday!  Check out these tomatoes and sunflowers...two of the best parts about summertime.








And Kent Walker's cheese seemed to be the prettiest I had ever seen it.  If you haven't tried it yet you really should and not just a sample but take some home and enjoy!

 



Goatroper Farms is usually known for their fudge at the market, but Sunday they had these really cool succulents in mason jars.  If it wasn't for me being a houseplant killer I would have taken one home in a minute...so so cool!



There was also music provided!  And as you can see the organ grinder was very humane and only had a stuffed monkey.



Another amazing Sunday in SoMa!


All photography rights shared by Brian Kelley/Imagine Photography.


No comments: