Friday, October 4, 2013

Local Live at South On Main by Landers Fiat--Walter Henderson Group

 
 


 
 
 
Wednesday October 2nd was the second installment in the Oxford American, South on Main, Landers Fiat program Local Live.  This time around it was Little Rock trumpeter Walter Henderson and the Walter Henderson Group.  This was a night of great jazz music coming from a man who is the real deal.  Not alone on the stage he was backed up by some great local musicians joining in and putting on a great show. 
 
 
 
This is such a wonderful opportunity for people in Little Rock to see a spectrum of artists, each incredible in their own right, performing in such a wonderful venue.  If you enjoy live music in an environment where you can get a good drink, great local food, and not in a smoky bar then this is the venue for you.  I know, I know you would think the music wouldn't sound very good without cigarette smoke hanging in the air for that blues or jazz feel but ya know what that is one of the draws for me. 













 
 

Reservations for the events are encouraged but there is no cover charge.

All photography rights shared by Brian Kelley/Imagine Photography

2 comments:

Alita said...

As Secretary for the Arkansas Jazz Heritage Foundation/Arkansas Jazz Hall of Fame, I thank you for your blog and photos related to South on Main's "Local Live" concert on 2 October 2013 by Walter Henderson's accomplished jazz quintet: Walter Henderson (trumpet, flugelhorn, piccolo, vocals), Matt Dickson (sax), Chris Parker (keys), Chris Michaels (bass), Jamaal Lee (drums). Since I didn't manage to get a good shot of Chris Michaels, I hope you'll consider sharing your excellent one with him/me. (If you're a jazz aficionado, please contact me via the Foundation's Facebook page.)

Unknown said...

Alita, I would be happy to share that image with you and Chris. Thank you so much for that great comment! I just ask that anywhere it appears that the image reflects that I have copyrights to it and/or photo credit is given.