Friday, September 27, 2013

Local Live at South On Main by Landers Fiat--Greg Spradlin


Wednesday nights in SoMa just got a dose of fun.  From now until mid December on Wednesday nights Landers Fiat, Oxford American, and South On Main will be presenting Local Live.  Free concerts at 7:30pm showcasing the talent of Little Rock and beyond as the flyer says!  These will occur during regular dinner service so please make reservations if you want a table or a lap to sit in.  If the first night was any indication these are going to be packed as more and more people get word of this great happening. 






This is exactly the kind of thing that I had been hoping for...something fun to do at night other than Midtown or the occasional event at The Bernice Garden.  I love SoMa, but the sidewalks sorta roll up around 5pm until South On Main came along!  So any of you that know me are aware that I love their food and that I can walk a short distance to get it but live music too?  Oh yeah! 

The first installment was Wednesday September 25th, Greg Spradlin.  I am a live music and local music newbie.  I know, shame shame.  But hey, I am making up for it now!  So I googled Greg Spradlin and found that he is arguably the best guitar player in Arkansas.  From what I heard with my newbie ears I would have to agree.  But the crowd, which I am assuming are more seasoned than I, seemed to agree as well.  I have been listening to his music on Spotify as I write this post and prepare the photos and I love it!  And he's just a moonlighting musician from what I can tell from reading about him.  Spradlin plays Southern rock heavy in blues and it is a kind of music that I very much enjoy.  It's great to drink, eat, and cook to.  I did two of those three, having fried green tomatoes topped with crab salad washed down with Diamond Bear pale ale of undisclosed quantity. 















So stop by next Wednesday and check out the Walter Henderson Group a jazz quintet led by Little Rock's Walter Henderson.  Best to make reservations!


All photography rights shared by Brian Kelley/Imagine Photography.

No comments: