Wednesday, September 25, 2013

5th Annual Sculpture Party and Fall Fest

Thursday September 19th I went to the 5th Annual Sculpture Party and Fall Fest at The Bernice Garden.  I had not been to the even before and was really looking forward to it.  It was hot and muggy but was a great evening to see all of the new sculpture installations and see people.  We had great food and music for event.  Loblolly catered the food which was delicious, especially the skewers with the mushrooms on them!!  I got to meet people I didn't know and see many people that I have come to know through living in SoMa. 









That is one of the joys of this area...the feeling of community.  I guess I have just never experienced that before in any of the areas that I have lived in Little Rock.  And it's not to say that it doesn't exist in other places, but I just know that it is alive and well in SoMa. 

The new sculpture pieces are wonderful and seemed to be well received, inviting lots of conversation and individual interpretation.  People have their favorites and I have mine for sure.  One of the pieces involved locks that people had painted on at one of the farmer's market events and it made me think if the bridge in Paris that people put their locks on and make wishes. 



Steven Driver


Kerrick Hartman



Danny Campbell



David Clemmons and Mia Hall
 



John Van Horn and Erika Droke
 


David Carpenter


I encourage you to go see the pieces whether it is just to enjoy the weather and grab a coffee or an ice cream or see them at one of the other events at The Bernice Garden.  We are really fortunate to have such a nice space of art and nature coming together, now enhanced by the new sculpture pieces.





All photography rights shared by Brian Kelley/Imagine Photography

No comments: