Wednesday, September 18, 2013

South Main Vintage Market at The Bernice Garden--September

The South Main Vintage Market at The Bernice Garden has become one of my favorite events that I always look forward to in SoMa.  Liz Sanders has done a wonderful job of promoting the market and scouting great vendors.  Now I am sure she isn't alone but I have to give her props for it getting even better and better each month.  Instead of a mish-mash of grandma's dishes, which can be a wonderful thing, it is a combination of jewelry, clothing, furniture, and collectibles that vintage nuts can very much enjoy.  I always want things that I enjoy to be successful so that they can continue to happen.  If we don't support the vendors then they won't come back.  Fortunately I am never at a shortage of things I find at the market that need to come home with me. 

Last Saturday, September 14th was a particularly good market and the weather was amazing!  After I did a quick lap around the market to snag anything that really caught my eye I could go back and look at a more leisurely pace and take photos.  Two items that ended up in my basket were a pair of shoe trees from Wax Poetic Gentlemen's Shop and a bracelet from the same vendor that I got my French chef kitchen clock from.  The trees were $9 and the bracelet $2! 





See, don't you want to go next time when they have the market in October?  Well if you think that is worth going for keep in mind they are mine now.  :)  But to tease you a bit on what kind of things they have here are more images from the market!

 
More of the great items from Wax Poetic!


 
Purple bike anyone!

I would have LOVED this pedal car/plane when I was a kid.  Who am I kidding, I would love it now if I could fit in it!
 
 
I really enjoyed this little carved man who was probably from a pair of bookends.



The above items were all from Gipsy and they always have such cool stuff!






 
 
So if you know of anyplace else you can hear great tuba/accordion music, find vintage jewelry, alligator figurines, toys, globes, and vintage bar ware on a lovely Saturday then please let me know and I will be there.  If you can't think of any place then join us in SoMa for the next South Main Vintage Market!
 
All photography rights shared by Brian Kelley/Imagine Photography 


No comments: