Sunday, April 14, 2013

Opening day of The Bernice Garden Farmer's Market

Today was the opening day of The Bernice Garden Farmer's Market!!!!!!!  The market is open from 10am-2pm every Sunday until weather closes it. 

 
 
 
 

As with every event I have been to thus far at The Bernice Garden it was well attended, fun, and inspiring!  There were a variety of vendors selling food, plants, veggies/herbs, and crafts.  We were entertained by the music of Chris Thomson and Margot Cameron of Kit Kaboodle!  Their card says Jazz Standards, Show Tunes, and Novelties and I think that is a great way to sum up the wonderful music they played. 



I picked up a great turquoise bracelet from Frontier Leather & Jewelry Craft. 




Another great find was a blue celadon vase made by Ryan Dunn with Bussey-Scott Urban Garden.  His partner is the wonderful Liz Sanders, the event coordinator at The Bernice Garden.  You can see part of the beautiful vase in the upper left corner of the photo below.  It was shy and didn't get its photo taken yet.  They also offer great plants and herbs/veggies from their garden.

 
 
 
 

 
I enjoyed talking with Kent Walker of Kent Walker Artisan Cheese.  He had a variety of artisan aged cheeses and I enjoyed the goat cheese so much I bought a 1-pound wheel. 
 

 
 
One thing I missed out on but look forward to next week is Mylo Coffee Co.!  I was craving some of their pastries and coffee but let me tell you, if you snooze you lose.  But next week, next week!  :)
 
 
It was a great day to see dear friends and make new ones, listen to great music, and shop the variety of local vendors!  For sure this will become a weekly part of my routine.
 
 


 
All photography rights shared by Brian Kelley/Imagine Photography
 
 
 







 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: