Sunday, April 28, 2013

My First Bike Ride

Thursday the 25th of April I was on my way home from cooking out at Moss Mountain Farm and decided to stop by Spokes on Kavanaugh to check out some bikes.  I had been thinking for some time about getting a bike as a way to get some exercise and enjoy getting around downtown.  Not having been a regular bike rider since I was about 12 years old, I had quite a bit to learn.  You see, there are road bike, mountain bikes, and bikes that are a hybrid of those.



I was fortunate to have Burke Jolly at Spokes to help me, answering all my questions and hooking me up with an Electra Verse 21d.  Which seems to be the perfect bike for what I am looking for.  You really should check out Spokes and ask for Burke if you're in the market for a bike of any kind. 

Friday morning I set off on my first ride on the new bike.  I went to the post office on Main to drop off a package, then rode down to the River Market, stopped to see a friend at work to show her the bike, then the Old Statehouse, and then to Boulevard Bread on Main to have a FANTASTIC apple turnover and some coffee. 


I decided to walk next door to The Bernice Garden to take some photos of the flowers I could see blooming. 







From there I rode to MacArthur Park.  The park is great and reminded me of when I was a kid and my aunt and uncle would take me to Oakland Park in Pine Bluff to feed the ducks.  A momma duck and her babies came over to see me and say hello.  So cute!  I got back home just in time to listen to the thunderstorm that passed through. 




All in all another great day here in SoMa!

No comments: